Evolving Practice of Nursing and Patient Care Delivery Models
Need Help Writing an Essay?
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your paper.Write My Essay For Me
As the country focuses on the restructuring of the U.S. health care delivery system, nurses will continue to play an important role. It is expected that more and more nursing jobs will become available out in the community, and fewer will be available in acute care hospitals.
- Write an informal presentation (500-700 words) to educate nurses about how the practice of nursing is expected to grow and change. Include the concepts of continuity or continuum of care, accountable care organizations (ACO), medical homes, and nurse-managed health clinics.
- Share your presentation with nurse colleagues on your unit or department and ask them to offer their impressions of the anticipated changes to health care delivery and the new role of nurses in hospital settings, communities, clinics, and medical homes.
- In 800-1,000 words summarize the feedback shared by three nurse colleagues and discuss whether their impressions are consistent with what you have researched about health reform.
- A minimum of three scholarly references are required for this assignment.
Read the Attitude and Perceptions document(Attitudes and Perceptions
It is important to be aware of others’ perceptions in an organization. Sometimes a manager’s attitude can affect an entire department and its functions. Have you ever had to work for a person, such as a teacher, an instructor, a coach, or a supervisor, whose attitude caused everyone to be miserable? If no, you can choose a leader with whom you did not work directly but witnessed taking such an attitude with another subordinate. If you have never experienced this type of person, you may think of a television or a film character.)and answer the following questions based on your understanding of different perceptions and obstacles at a workplace:
- What, according to you, did that person do to create negative situations?
- What was your or the subordinate’s attitude toward the person in that particular situation?
- How does a negative management attitude affect trust among the employees? When a manager is not trustworthy, does this information spread to other departments?
- Suggest at least two ways you would solve the problems if you were the manager. Why would you adopt such measures?
Now, reflect on a situation where you experienced a positive leader who valued the team, shared his or her visions, and encouraged the team to develop and answer the following questions on the basis of your understanding:
- How do you describe your feelings and attitude when working for a leader who is positive and supportive versus a negative manager? How does a positive supportive leader affect trust among team members?
- How influential are perceptions of certain employees either in your team or in other departments?
Having difficulty writing your essay? Seek assistance from our professional essay writing service! Engage a skilled writer to handle your paper and enjoy the expertise of our experienced team members. With our help, you can have your task completed BEFORE the deadline!