Managerial Decision Making Unit 6 Assessment
Need Help Writing an Essay?
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your paper.Write My Essay For Me
Research the subject of the Enron and Arthur Andersen relationship. Discuss your findings in terms of the application of ethics in the various decisions made by the Enron and Arthur Andersen teams. How did bounded ethicality play a role in these decisions?
Read the case Fairness in Punishment. Discuss the Decatur School Board’s decision to adopt a “no tolerance on school violence” in terms of fairness. How did implicit attitudes, perhaps, influence the school board’s decision to punish such a disproportionate number of African-American students?
Recently, the American International Group (AIG), a global insurance and financial services organization, accepted billions of dollars from the United States Government in order to remain solvent and in operation. After receiving this money, the organization decided to pay over $160 million in bonuses. Discuss the ethical problems associated with this decision. Could in-group favoritism play a role in this decision? If you were the CEO, what decision would you have made?
Bernard Madoff, a once highly regarded member of the Wall Street community, recently pleaded guilty of running a $50 billion ponzi scheme. Research the driving forces behind his seemingly unethical behavior and discuss your findings. How did favoritism and bounded ethicality come into play in this case?
Text Book Reference
Bazerman, M. H., & Moore, D. A. (2009). Judgment in managerial decision making. (7th custom ed.). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley
Chapter 8 in Text PDF http://www.scribd.com/doc/117100440/Judgement-in-Managerical-Decision-Making-Bazerman#scribd
ALL WORK MUST BE ORIGINAL IN APA FORMAT, EACH ESSAY MUST HAVE THEIR OWN INDIVIDUAL QUOTES AND REFERENCES
Psychology-Human memory model
You probably have noticed in your educational career that some people are very good at remembering facts and therefore, do well at tests that require memorization. Other students, on the other hand, struggle with tests that require memorization. To understand how memory works, this exercise will ask you to trace the memory system from the stimuli to long-term memory.
Use your textbook and research from the Internet to learn the process of memory, from beginning to end. Your description should include the following:
- Identification and description of each step in the human memory model; as you describe these steps, use an example to illustrate the process
- Discussion of factors that enhance or impede information flow in each step of the process
- Explanation of proactive and retroactive interference and how you might counteract their effects while studying to facilitate maximum retention via long-term memory
- Explanation of other kinds of forgetting and a discussion of strategies that can improve memory consolidation and retrieval
Submit this in a paper of 2–3 pages. You can use illustrations to demonstrate the process. Be sure to document your references using APA format.
Please use the following guidelines for formatting your assignment:
- Margins: Set to one inch
- Font: 12pt.-Times New Roman, no bold, no underline
- Title: Centered above the paper, 12 pt.-font (Level A Heading), no bold, no underline, no italics
- Pagination: Every page; consists of a header containing a short title for the paper and a page number placed in the upper right corner of the page
- Line Spacing: Double space all work, including the References page
- Point-of-View: Third person, objective; limit perspective to research; no personal opinion or narrative; first person is allowed in describing the test and results, as well as discussing personal ways to enhance EI
- In-text citations: Must conform to APA requirements
- References list: Must conform to APA requirements
Having difficulty writing your essay? Seek assistance from our professional essay writing service! Engage a skilled writer to handle your paper and enjoy the expertise of our experienced team members. With our help, you can have your task completed BEFORE the deadline!