Week 1 Thesis Statement Hydraulic Fracturing
Need Help Writing an Essay?
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your paper.Write My Essay For Me
WEEK 1: COURSE PROJECT
Topic and Thesis Proposal Week 1 Thesis Statement Hydraulic Fracturing
This week, you will select your topic of research for the Course Project. You will need to define the chosen topic, provide a brief description of the emergent technology, and write a thesis statement. Each proposal should include the following items.
- The name and a brief description of the emergent technology selected
- A thesis statement (Please note that a thesis sentence presents the central idea of the paper. It must always be a complete, grammatical sentence, it must be specific and brief, and it must express the point of view you are taking on the subject. This thesis statement will be included in the introduction of your final report.)
This capstone course concludes with a research-based Course Project that starts during the first week of the session and continues throughout the duration of the course. It culminates with the submission of a formal, written report in Week 7.
For the project, each student will identify and explore an emerging technology. This will be a technology that may already exist but is drawing attention because of new applications, anticipated impacts, or potential controversies. Examples could include, but are in no way limited to, the following subjects. If you are thinking of a topic that is not on the list, please check with your instructor before proceeding.
- Genetically modified organisms
- Self-driving cars
- Remote or robotic surgery
- Wireless electricity
- Gene editing
- Virtual reality
- Artificial intelligence
- Hydraulic fracturing
Topics to avoid—these are old or have just been done too often.
- Online dating
- Identity theft
The student will address the historical, social, cultural, moral, and ethical issues presented by their selected technology.
The primary focus of this assignment is for the student to research and assess the issues associated with a specific emerging technology. It requires that students submit an APA-formatted, 10-page paper during Week 7 of the session. Students will also create a short slide presentation of approximately five slides/five minutes to be presented in week 6.
The paper must be well researched and utilize scholarly resources (refer to this Week 7 APA Paper Template (Links to an external site.)
Links to an external site.
and the APA Guide tutorial found in the Writing and Research Help area (under Introduction and Resources). The final product should include the following components.
- A title page, including the student’s name and DSI number
- An abstract
- A table of contents
- An introduction, including a clearly defined thesis statement (roughly one page)
- An historical timeline that diagrams at least three predecessors to the emergent technology that includes a written assessment on how these technologies influenced the development of the current technology (roughly two pages)Please note that the timeline should be a horizontal visual component at the beginning of the section, and the written assessment should take up a majority of the two pages.
- An analysis of the technology’s influence on society considering all of the following components (roughly four pages)Social
- An evaluation of the ethical considerations associated with the technology in relation to its impact on humanity (roughly two pages)
- Concluding remarks that include predictions for the future of humanity given the technology’s emergence (roughly one page)
- In-text citations and a reference section in APA format
- Appropriate statistical graphs or visual aids to support the paper
Week 1 Thesis Statement Hydraulic Fracturing
Having difficulty writing your essay? Get assistance from our professional essay writing service! Engage a skilled writer to handle your paper. With our help, you can have your essay completed BEFORE the deadline!
Get Your Assignments Completed by Expert Writers. Hire Essay Helpers for Any Task
Order essays, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, research proposal, capstone project, discussion, projects, case study, speech/presentation, article, article critique, coursework, book report/review, movie review, annotated bibliography, or another assignment without having to worry about its originality – we offer 100% original content written completely from scratch